Credits Based Marketing
Credits Based Marketing Model.
If you have ever worked with agencies then you'll be familiar with the concept of the billable hour. We're sure that you have found yourself perplexed as to how to work out how the hours in your monthly retainer have been allocated – strategy, project management, account management, creative time, etc – all of which seem to be billed at different rates and consumed in various quantities. It makes understanding how value is being delivered from your retainer a challenge.
It's both puzzling and frustrating.
So, we have adopted a credits-based system.
What does that mean?
All of the services we deliver for clients now have a Credit value assigned to them based upon the time taken to deliver each one, the complexity to get it from start to completion, and the skills required to execute each of them. This means when we agree on a campaign you know precisely what the outcomes will be, nothing is hidden, nothing extra, you will know exactly where you stand at any point.
So here’s how the idea breaks down:
As a client, you choose the monthly budget level you want to invest – for example, £795pcm, which will purchase 150 Credits per month.
The agreed campaign may need two standard news releases each between 450-750 words at 50 Credits each, which is 100 Credits in total, a long-form blog of up to 750 words at 25 Credits, and a feature pitched to an editor at 25 Credits. All of this is achievable within your monthly Credits.
All this means that you, the client, can now see exactly how your budget translates into the total number of Credits available for allocation to activities in a given month. We also know that nothing ever works out quite that neatly so we've built in an option to roll over unused Credits into the following month, and a pull forward facility where you can borrow from the following month. This should help you manage the needs of the ebb and flow of business comms. And, of course, you can buy top-up Credits if the need arises.
A truly flexible system to make your comms work.
- Standard campaign retainer £795pcm, which will purchase 150 Credits per month
- Premium campaign retainer £1295pcm, which will purchase 250 Credits per month
- Full-service retainers from £1995pcm, which will purchase 415 Credits per month
- Top up points £50 for 10 Credits
Public relations services.
- News release: A standard news release of between 450-750 words. 45 Credits
- Feature article: A solus feature in a publication or major part thereof. 65 Credits
- Long-form blog: Up to 750 words from a single person’s perspective. 45 Credits
- Short-form blog: Up to 450 words from a single person’s perspective. 35 Credits
- Pitched feature: A feature created to tie into an editorial position or subject: discuss concepts to be pitched, or research media opportunities for pitching, prepare the pitch and discuss with the editor. 65 Credits
- NiB: A News in Brief of just 150 words. 25 Credits
- Additional stakeholder: For each of the above activities where there is a requirement to contact, and include a contribution from an external party, there will be for each additional stakeholder or third party contact, an additional requirement of 10 credits per stakeholder. 10 Credits
- Image manipulation: Images requiring editing or manipulation prior to being used, up to 5 images. 10 Credits
Social media services.
- Channel set up: Up to 4 channels with passwords, email, image, bio, link to website and linktree. 15 Credits
- Social Media Campaign: Up to 6-month campaign (content, links, images, approval, scheduling) = ½ day for 4 channels. 25 Credits
- Social Media Campaign: 6-12 month social media campaign (including content, links, images, approval and scheduling) = 1 day across 4 channels. 50 Credits
- Social Burst: Single burst = 1 post across 4 channels on 1 day 1 post - content, link, image, approval, scheduling. 5 Credits
- Social Burst: Small burst = 4 posts across 4 channels over 2 weeks - content, link, image, approval, scheduling. 10 Credits
- Social Burst: Large burst = 14 posts across 4 channels over 4 weeks - content, link, image, approval, scheduling. 15 Credits
- Social Media Graphics: Per tile for 1st concept - design and approvals. 10 Credits
- Social Media Graphics: Per set of Images adapted to channel. 5 Credits
- Social Media: Image research and approvals. 10 Credits
- Social Media: Hashtag research. 10 Credits
- Social Media: Content curation per subject 2 x weekly shares. 10 Credits
- Lead generation: campaign planning. 75 Credits
- Lead generation: landing page design, set up, deploy. 90 Credits
- Lead generation: landing page duplicate existing page layout with new content and images. 40 Credits
- Premium content creation: from existing assets (images & video). 50-200 Credits
- Data cleansing: up to 10,000 email records processed. 80 Credits
- Email test: set up, content, email, data capture. 100 Credits
- Onboarding: strategy, message development, quick wins, setting up the account, systems and protocols. 95 Credits
- Monthly Account Meeting: 95 Credits
- Monthly Account management: 40 Credits
- Campaign planning: Quarterly plan preparation and scheduling. 50 Credits
- Reporting: Coverage tracking and reporting, social media engagement and reach reporting. 20 Credits
- Non-retainer meeting or attendance: If required to attend additional meetings and or external events outside those included in the retainer. (travel costs to be billed). 50 Credits
- Video conference: Using video conferencing software rather than a face to face meeting, set up and attend the meeting. 10 Credits